La Tania ski resort.
In the "3 Vallées", the largest ski area in the world, La Tania is ideally situated between Courchevel and Meribel.
Built in 1992, for the Olympic Games in Albertville, La Tania is a small resort where everything is easily accessible and very convenient .
The pedestrianised village, where most shops are concentrated, is at the bottom of your lift.
You do not need to use your car; everything is designed to simplify your holiday.
La Tania combines modern architecture and traditional chalets within its remarkable forest environment.
The 3 Valleys ski area.
The largest ski area in the world. What does that mean?
Some numbers first:
The 3 Valleys, they are:
- 600 kms of marked pistes which are groomed regularly.
- 2000 Artificial snowmaking canons for skiing in perfect conditions.
- 180 ski lifts.
What the numbers do not tell:
- The 600 kms of slopes in the 3 Valleys are perfectly linked together:
You never have to walk, to cross a road or take a bus to any part whatsoever of the ski area, unless you want to! And that is unique to such a gigantic ski area.
- The lifts are modern and numerous. No more long waits!
- Grooming and piste maintenance are deemed to be the best in the world.
- You want to ski away from the crowds? From Val Thorens glacier to the forests of La Tania, countless off-piste, often well hidden areas are waiting for you.
Best of La Tania
- Part of the 3 Valleys ski area best sheltered from the wind and fog.
- You ski in good visibility even when the weather is bad.
- The pistes are long and wide, and the lifts hardly visible. You are in a beautiful and well preserved environment.
- Many cross-country skiing tracks run through the forest. They are also excellent paths for walkers with or without snowshoes.
La Tania is also less expensive than its neighbours Courchevel and Meribel.
However, the bars and restaurants guarantee an unforgettable evening in a good company.
- The snow front, opposite the pedestrian centre, is a playground for children after the lifts close, for snowballing or sledging *.
You can even keep an eye on them from our apartments!